Thrill of the Chase

Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I woke up one day and found myself in a 35-year-old body. Gone were the lithe, spring-loaded legs of my youth. It was time to face a hard truth: I would never be as fast as I once was."

A couple of weeks ago I posted a video about David Worth's record breaking run across the Smokies. Worth, a Great Smoky Mountains interpretive ranger, trekked 72 miles from Fontana Dam to Davenport Gap in just 14 hours and 50 minutes, beating the previous record by 55 minutes.

That previous record was set by Will Harlan. In the current issue of Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine is an article about Will's record setting run across the Appalachian Trail in the Smokies, written by Mr. Harlan himself. It's really a great read.



Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

No comments