As a result of snow and ice yesterday and overnight, nearly every road in the Smoky Mountains is temporarily closed today.
The list of roads closed in the park include:
• Newfound Gap Road (US-441)
• Little River Road
• Laurel Creek Road
• Foothills Parkway East
• Foothills Parkway West
• Gatlinburg Bypass
• Greenbrier Road
• Cataloochee Entrance Road
• Old NC-284 between Big Creek and Cataloochee
• Cosby Campground Entrance Road
• Wears Cove Road
• Cherokee Orchard Road
• Forge Creek Road in Cades Cove will be closed until mid-March due to mud.
Please check back with the national park website, or call (865) 436-1200 to find out when these roads are open again.
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, and more.
Smoky Mountain Day Hikers Store Quality gear and apparel from some of the best outdoor brands.