Due to more snow and ice overnight, most of the roads in the Smokies are closed again. Here's the full list:
• Newfound Gap Road (US-441)
• Little River Road
• Laurel Creek Road
• Cades Cove Loop Road
• Foothills Parkway West
• Foothills Parkway East
• Cataloochee Entrance Road
• Old NC-284 between Big Creek and Cataloochee
• Cherokee Orchard Road at Twin Creeks Science Center
• Greenbrier Entrance Road at the ranger station
• Cosby Entrance Road
• Upper Tremont Road
• Lakeview Drive
• Wear Cove Road
• Gatlinburg Bypass
• The southbound portion of the Spur (US-441) between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is closed due to a rock slide. Traffic is being rerouted into the northbound lane.
Please click here for the most up-to-date road information, or you can call 865-436-1200.
For the latest weather updates and forecasts for the Smokies, please click here.
> Meanwhile, Doug McFalls, the caretaker at the Mt. LeConte Lodge, is reporting that 2 inches of new snow fell over night atop the mountain. There are now 35 inches of snow on the ground.
Doug also reports that with all the deep snow at the higher elevations, hiking, as you might expect, is difficult today.
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, and more.