Friday's Video

Friday, December 10, 2010

Have you ever considered or wondered what it would be like to work at a National Park? The video below gives a bit of the inside scoop on working for the government, or one of the concessionaires that provide a host of services for many of our parks.

The producer of the video, Rosemary Regello, a former employee of Aramark, Xanterra and Delaware North Companies, doesn't exactly paint a very pleasant picture. Is this a case of a former employee with a bad attitude? Possibly. However, I guess the bottom line for those considering such a job is to do a lot of research before jumping in. This might be a good place to start:





Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

2 comments

My Life Outdoors said...

I agree...doesn't sound like she had a good experience. I have often wondered what it would be like to work for a NP. Sounds like a park ranger is the way to go. Or a private survival instructor.

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

Steven - for a long time in my early and mid teens, I wanted to be a forest ranger. I guess I backed off after I found out how much money they made (at least back then). I wouldn't mind pursuing that line of work now - especially after being stuck in the corporate grind for most of my adult life.