Paradise Found: The Skyline Trail

Thursday, November 7, 2013

"... the most luxuriant and the most extravagantly beautiful of all the alpine gardens I ever beheld in all my mountain-top wanderings."

That was John Muir’s reaction upon seeing the Paradise valley for the very first time in 1889. I dare say you might have the same reaction yourself. The best way to explore the Paradise valley below the southern slopes of Mt. Rainier is to hike the Skyline Trail loop. This hike was so incredibly beautiful that it was the first time that I ever kept my camera in my hand for the entire trip. The amazing scenery never ended!

For more information and photos on this outstanding hike (now one of my all-time favorites), please click here to visit our new Discover the West website.



Jeff
Hiking in the Smokies

No comments