The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation is pleased to announce the first annual Plates for the Parkway event benefitting the Blue Ridge Parkway. Set in Asheville, NC, Blowing Rock, Waynesboro, Roanoke and other communities along the Parkway, Plates for the Parkway links dozens of unique restaurants in one event to benefit the Parkway.
Set for September 18th, participating restaurants agree to donate a minimum of 10% of a meal or the day’s sales to benefit the Foundation’s efforts to protect the Parkway. Restaurants from communities along the 469 miles of the Parkway are invited to participate, and current participants stretch from the top of the Parkway in Waynesboro, VA to Asheville, NC, NC.
According to Christy Bell, Development Director for the Foundation, “There are so many wonderful restaurants in the communities along the Parkway. For visitors, this event highlights some of these unique places and gives them the opportunity to benefit what brings many of them here in the first place: the Parkway. For those of us lucky enough to live near the Parkway, it’s a fun way to support this amazing place while dining out at a favorite restaurant.”
To date, participating restaurants include:
• Stella, Bella and Lucy's - Waynesboro, VA
• Pomegranate Restaurant & Gathering Place - Troutville, VA
• Martins Downtown - Roanoke, VA
• Freeborne's -Laurel Springs, NC
• Mellow Mushroom – Boone, NC
• Mellow Mushroom - Blowing Rock, NC
• Mountain Aire Seafood & Steaks -West Jefferson, NC
• The Blowing Rock Grill - Blowing Rock, NC
• Woodlands Barbecue - Blowing Rock, NC
• Baja Cafe - Asheville, NC
• Cafe Azalea - Asheville, NC
• Chai Pani - Asheville, NC
• Chef Mo's Restaurant and Bar - Asheville, NC
• Early Girl Eatery – Asheville, NC
• The Local Joint – Fairview, NC
• The Morning Glory Café – Black Mountain, NC
• Plant - Asheville, NC
• Pomodoro’s Cafe East- Asheville, NC
• Salsa's - Asheville, NC
• Filo Pastries - Asheville, NC
• Tomato Jam Café – Asheville, NC
Plates for the Parkway is sponsored by Sir Speedy, Charter Media and Cox Communications.
Restaurants may sign up to participate through September 14th. Interested restaurants can contact Christy Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. For a complete list of participating restaurants, visit www.platesfortheparkway.org.
Hiking Trails in Great Smoky Mountains National Park