Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats, Fraud, and Deception to Keep You Misinformed, is the latest book from the author of the New York Times bestselling Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming.
The book, as you might expect, based on the title alone, runs against the current thought process in the mainstream media. However, this is an important read, especially when you consider the path the world is beginning to walk down. Considering the huge ramifications on the worldwide economy and how we live, it’s extremely important for Americans, and people around the world, to get another view point on global warming and climate change before we begin making consequential decisions.
The author, Chris Horner, is an acknowledged expert on global warming legislation and regulation, and has testified before Senate committees and has given numerous addresses in the European Parliament.
In Red Hot Lies, Horner details the errors and even frauds committed in the name of global warming, reproducing charts and even photographs that are certainly revealing even to those not passionate about scientific minutiae. The book is a meticulously researched (65 pages of notes and references) volume in which Horner exposes what he calls the hypocrisy, deceit, and outright lies of the global warming alarmists and the compliant media that support them.
Horner demonstrates what he sees as the fundamental threat that global warming offers the world by quoting Czech President Vaclav Klaus at a conference in Italy in September 2007 on “Global Warming Hysteria or Freedom and Prosperity?”:
“We have to face many prejudices and misunderstandings in this respect. The climate-change debate is basically not about science; it is about ideology. It is not about global temperature’ it is about the concept of human society. It is not about nature or scientific ecology; it is about environmentalism, about one -- recently born -- dirigistic and collectivistic ideology, which goes against freedom and free markets. I spent most of my life in a Communistic society which makes me particularly sensitive to the dangers, traps and pitfalls connected with it.”
Exposing the dark underbelly of the global warming lobby, Horner reveals exactly what the alarmists are saying and doing to advance their agenda:
* Al Gore’s deep financial interests in advancing global warming hysteria around the world. Gore has admitted to having “a stake” in a number of green “investments” and has encouraged people to put money into companies he has a financial stake in. Gore has strongly advocated the use of bio-fuels and has admitted to having investments in companies involved in such agri-business. His investment company also owns major shares of the world’s carbon credits. As countries pass carbon taxes and carbon caps, his investments could eventually make him billions of dollars.
* Politicians and the media demand that government "do something about" climate skeptics, while activists go further, calling for imprisonment and censorship of dissenters.
* Respected scientists have been victims of threats and vandalism in addition to having their reputations smeared for voicing skepticism about any aspect of the global warming dogma. Some have even been blacklisted.
* One scientist at the University of Oslo had the wheels fall off his car, not once, but twice, including while his daughter was in the car after he began speaking out against global warming alarmism.
* About 18 months ago, at a Kyoto negotiation in Thailand, China suggested that, because of their family planning policy, they should be given carbon offsets to sell back to Europe and the United States. They made their argument on the basis that their population would be much larger if they hadn’t aborted all of those babies, which would have made their carbon footprint much larger.
* Journalists regularly mislead the public by falsely declaring a consensus on manmade global warming that does not exist. In fact, just the other day, a study was published showing that support for global warming initiatives was falling among the 11 countries surveyed. Less than half of the people surveyed, or 47%, said they were prepared to make personal lifestyle changes to reduce carbon emissions, down from 58% last year. Only 37% said they were willing to spend "extra time" on the effort, an eight-point drop. And only one in five respondents - or 20% - said they'd spend extra money to reduce climate change. That's down from 28% a year ago.
* The United Kingdom forced schoolchildren to watch Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth in schools. Now, half of those children report sleep loss due to fear over "global warming". There are similar efforts underway in California, and it includes what they call pester power and also reporting on their parents.
With perfect timing and incredible coincidence, less than a week after Red Hot Lies was released, the London Daily Telegraph reported on November 16 a “surreal scientific blunder” made by Dr. James Hansen, Al Gore’s chief scientific ally. The climatologist had gone on record that last month was the hottest October ever recorded. However, the reason for the freak figures from around the globe based on Dr. Hansen’s readings were not based on October readings, but were figures from the previous month that had simply been carried over and repeated two months running. Dr. Hansen and his institute had to scramble desperately to revise their figures.
Great News! Amazon.com has announced that they will be extending their Black Friday deals into today!
Amazon will continue offering amazing deals on Saturday to help you get your holiday shopping done for less.
To help support HikingintheSmokys.com, please follow this link:
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, hiking gear store, and more.