Glacier National Park Wildflowers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Over the last couple of weeks I've been sharing photos and stories from my trip to Glacier National Park. This will be the last posting on that subject. I thought I'd end this series with a few wildflower photos.

Although the ice and sheer cliffs at Iceberg Lake get all the attention, the wildflowers in the alpine meadows just before reaching the lake are quite amazing:

Indian Paintbrush:

A Glacier Lily peaking out of the snow near Cobalt Lake:

The next three photos are from the Highline Trail:



This photo was taken in a meadow next to a small lake just below Iceberg Lake:

More beargrass:




Official REI Coupons & Rebates page.




Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

5 comments

Christine said...

Those wildflowers and the meadows are stunning! Enjoyed seeing them.

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

Mama-Bug, thank you! My photos just don't do justice to what I saw. If you've never been to Glacier, I highly recommend visiting some day. It is a very special place.

Jeff

Ryan said...

I live near Glacier National Park. There are so many beautiful wildflowers and photo opportunities here, I am truly blessed to call this place home. Great job capturing each of the images above. I especially like the Glacier Lily emerging from the snow, and the way you framed the beargrass from the Highline Trail in the "V" of the mountains. Great photos! I am going to be taking a trip to Shenandoah National Park around the end of October to shoot some photos...got any advice on places I should not miss while I am there?

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

Ryan - you are truly blessed to be living near Glacier! I'm not real familiar with Shenandoah, but I do know that Old Rag is one of the most popular hikes. And, you should be hitting the area near peak fall colors, so that should be cool.

BTW, if you do a search through my postings over the last few weeks, you'll find several postings on Glacier. I was out there for 5 weeks during the late summer!

Jeff

Jan's Travel and Tours said...

I love Glacier National Park and those wildflowers-so lovely! But what hits me most is that glacier Lily peaking out of the snow - so cute!