The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) is looking for great photos of people enjoying the Appalachian Trail (A.T.) in 2011! The ATC is looking for images that illustrate your idea of a perfect day on the A.T.
Creative and unique shots are encouraged. Send the ATC photos of you and your loved ones hiking your favorite section, enjoying an overlook, staying overnight at a shelter, swimming in a lake, or just enjoying being out on the Trail. Whatever it may be, the ATC wants to know how you enjoyed your time out on the Trail this year.
• Photos must be taken on the A.T. during the year 2011.
• Photos must contain an image of at least one person.
• You must be the owner of the photo.
• Participants can only submit one photo.
• Any photos conflicting with the ATC’s Leave No Trace™ (LNT) principles will be disqualified. For more information about LNT principles visit www.appalachiantrail.org/LNT.
• No photos can include nudity, inappropriate or illegal activities.
• Photos must be in .jpg format at 300 DPI as an email attachment.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachments between October 18th and November 10th. Then, the ATC’s panel of judges will select the top 20 photos.
• Photo Submission: October 18, 2011 - November 10, 2011
• Voting Period: November 11, 2011 – December 11, 2011
• Photos showcased in the ATC’s Visitor Center in Harpers Ferry, WV: November 12, 2011 through November 19, 2011 from 9am-5pm each day.
• Winner Announced: Week of December 12th, 2011
Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 contestants.
The Grand Prize winner will have their photo featured in A.T. Journeys (ATJ) as well as receive a set of LekiSummitAS Antishock Trekking Poles valued at $100, generously donated by Leki. The poles features a RoundTop COR-TEC Grip, Classic Expander Lock System,Triple Spring Antishock System, a performance basket, a universal carbide tip, with an ultra sonic finish.
Second and third place winners will also have their photos featured in ATJ and will receive a small recognition prize from the ATC.
For more information or questions regarding the Photo Contest, contact Claire Hobbs, Information Services Assistant, at email@example.com or (304)535-6331 ext. 134.