In honor of Veterans Day, the Daniel Boone National Forest in central Kentucky is waiving fees at several recreation areas. The fee waivers apply to all forest visitors at designated locations.
Camping fees are waived at the following national forest locations on Friday, November 9 through Monday, November 12:
* Red River Gorge in Powell, Menifee and Wolfe counties
* Koomer Ridge Campground, Wolfe County
* Barren Fork Horse Camp, McCreary County
* White Sulphur Horse Camp, Bath County
* Clear Creek Campground, Bath County
* Bee Rock Campground, Laurel and Pulaski counties
* Claylick Boat-in Campground, Rowan County
Recreation fees are waived Saturday, Sunday and Monday (November 10-12) at the following day use sites:
* Redbird Crest Trail, Clay and Leslie counties
* Clear Creek Shooting Range, Bath County
* Appletree Shooting Range, McCreary County
* Laurel River Lake boat ramps, Laurel and Whitley counties
* Cave Run Lake boat ramps, Bath and Menifee counties
* Natural Arch Scenic Area, McCreary County
In the Red River Gorge area, no fee permit is required for campers at Koomer Ridge Campground or in the backcountry on national forest lands.
At Cave Run Lake and Laurel River Lake, all boat ramps may be used free of charge.
Hiking in the Smokies