2009/2010 Banff Mountain Film Festival Trailer

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Below is a trailer for the 2009/2010 Banff Mountain Film Festival. Let me tell you, there is some outstanding and incredibly beautiful footage in this short film. Make sure to watch the last scene. I posted this same footage on this blog about a year ago. I thought that maybe it was manipulated, but now appears to be the real deal.



You can click here to see the full tour schedule. There are several stops in the Southern Appalachian region over the next couple months.


Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, hiking gear store, and more.

3 comments

R & R said...

I saw that clip you're talking about a few months ago too. I was skeptical at first but it looked real. More important, who would even TRY that!

I can hear it now, "Watch this! I saw it in a cartoon once. I think I can do it." And by golly he did!

Eric, Noelle and Sierra Grunwald said...

Uh, that clip is computer generated animation. I know because I went to the Film Festival World Tour when it stopped through Duluth, MN. They admitted that the footage is not real. It is from a short film/advertisement for Microsoft.

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

Hmmmmmm....