Survivorman returns to the Discovery Channel

Friday, August 13, 2010

In November of 2008, Les Stroud, host of “Survivorman,” announced that he was ending his popular show on the Discovery Channel, and would look into other projects someday down the road.

Stroud was quoted as saying:

“You can only do seven days surviving without food a certain number of times a year. I’m pleased with what I have done, I’ve been copied around the world, but 25 times I’ve not eaten anything for a week while sleeping on rocks. I need to move on.”

It appears that Survivorman has finely found that new project. The Discovery Channel just announced that Stroud will launch a new program called, Beyond Survival with Les Stroud.

The show will premier on Friday, August 27 at 10PM ET/PT.

In this new series Stroud travels to some of the most remote places on the planet to learn the survival techniques of indigenous tribes rarely shown to people outside their own tribes.

Here's a "trailer" from the new series:



Looks pretty good!

Stroud is author of a book: Survive!: Essential Skills and Tactics to Get You Out of Anywhere - Alive.

He's also published several DVD videos, including Alone in the American Wilderness, Season 3 of Survivorman, Season 2 and Season 1.


Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

2 comments

sciencedude288 said...

Bear is fun to watch, but I find that I am watching for the places he goes rather than the ideas he presents (for fairly obvious reasons). I love this idea for Les' show. Bear actually did this for a few episodes and I thought it was the best segment of the show.

Unknown said...

This thrills me!! I absolutely adored that show!!! :-)