On Saturday, May 7, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s Visitor Center in Harpers Ferry, WV will celebrate the spring hiking season. May marks the arrival of northbound thru-hikers from Georgia and an upswing in day-hikers and overnight hikers out to enjoy the milder temperatures. Festivities will feature an official unveiling of new visitor center exhibits and displays, kids’ and Leave No Trace activities, and stories from recent thru-hikers. Admission is free and all are welcome to attend.
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• New exhibits showcasing the Appalachian Trail (A.T.)
• A “Leave No Trace” treasure hunt
• Bear-bag throwing challenge
• Special appearance from “Crumbsnatcher” the Mouse
• A.T. movie, The Green Tunnel, presented by director Kevin Gallagher
• Backpacker gear displays
• Trail stories of recent thru-hikers
• Q&A session with 2,000-milers
• 1-day only, ATC membership special
• Temporary tattoos
• A.T. hike to the Virginia/West Virginia border on Loudoun Heights, led by Potomac A.T. Club volunteers
For more information, please click here.