Friends of the Smokies Guided Hikes

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Join Friends of the Smokies, and local author Danny Bernstein, for a couple of guided fall hikes over the next several weeks:

October 4, 2011: Little Cataloochee Trail Hike

Explore the Cataloochee Valley on this moderately difficult 6.5 mile hike, which will feature some of the trail improvements made by the Trails Forever crew. Time permitting, hikers will also visit the elk herd in Cataloochee Valley. Total elevation gain/descent for the hike will be 1,500 feet.

Space is limited. Contact Friends of the Smokies to register at grtsmoky@bellsouth.net or call 828-452-0720.


November 1, 2011: Road to Nowhere Hike

Hikers will trek along a trail called "The Road to Nowhere" and explore a dark, 365-foot tunnel on this 9.4 mile hike. The hike is moderate in difficulty and has a total elevation gain/descent of 1,370 feet.

Space is limited. For more information call 828-452-0720.



Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

2 comments

Danny Bernstein said...

Thanks for plugging Friends of the Smokies. One of these days you might even come down and hike with me.
Danny

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

I "banked" all my hiking time for the year for my Glacier trip (spent more than 5 weeks out there). But I really want to get back to the Smokies ASAP. I'll give you a heads-up on my next visit - it might be this winter....

Jeff