Managers for the Great Smoky Mountains posted an alert on their website stating that the Chimney Tops Trail is tentatively scheduled to be closed for trail rehabilitation on Mondays through Thursdays, from April 30 thru October 18, 2012.
They also posted these trail alerts:
• Caldwell Fork Trail - several footbridges along the trail are damaged. Hikers wishing to use the trail will need to ford the creek. The foot bridge located between the trailhead and the second junction with the Boogerman Trail is out and is scheduled for repair in May.
• Smokemont Loop Trail/Bradley Fork Trail - the foot bridge located at the junction of these trails is out and scheduled for repair in May.
And of course, these three trails remain closed:
• Beard Cane Trail closed due to tornado damage
• Hatcher Mountain Trail North of its intersection with Little Bottoms Trail closed due to tornado damage
• Gunter Fork Trail closed due to landslides
For more information on temporary road and trail closures, please click here.