Blog hits milestone

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Last week this blog quietly celebrated a milestone by reaching 100,000 visits. When I launched this blog back in April of last year, I thought I would never reach 1000, let alone 100,000. Out of curiosity, I thought I’d take this time to take a look back and list the top 10 postings in terms of total visitor traffic:

1) Video: Tyler Bradt's record 186-foot Kayak Drop
2) Don’t miss the Flame Azaleas on Gregory Bald
3) Abrams Falls Trail is now reopen
4) Eagle Scout Fined $25,238 for Rescue
5) Appalachian Trail thru-hiker numbers up 25%
6) Bear warnings/closings on the rise in the Smokies
7) GPS system 'close to breakdown'
8) Happy Birthday Great Smoky Mountains N.P.
9) Keeping your cool while summer hiking
10) Is bear spray illegal in national parks?

Thanks to all my readers, especially those of you that visit on a regular basis!

Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, hiking gear store, and more.

No comments