In the June issue of Backpacker Magazine, author Kelly Bastone offers up her top 10 animal viewing tips.
1. Keep a safe distance.
2. Hike at a leisurely pace.
3. Take long breaks.
4. Hike in the right weather.
5. Call wildlife biologists (at a park or college) and rangers.
6. Keep binocs/camera handy.
7. Look for parts and portions.
8. Practice "scatter vision."
9. Sneak up ridges.
10. Observe prey animals.
Obviously these tips assume you're not in a car on the Cades Cove Loop Road....
To learn more and read the full article, please click here.
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, and more.