Full Moon Hike in Cades Cove

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Next Monday night, July 26th, is the second in a series of "Full Moon" hikes in Cades Cove of the Great Smoky Mountains this summer.

This is an excellent opportunity to take a stroll in Cades Cove under a full moon. If interested, meet at the Orientation Shelter near the entrance to the Cades Cove Loop Road. The hike is from from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM.


Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, and more.

3 comments

Unknown said...

dear blogger for increase your review and popularity make with link tripadvisor and you blog also will be listed in tripadvisor.put this link on your blog.
Title-India Hotels
Link-http://www.tripadvisor.in/Tourism-g293860-India-Vacations.html

Unknown said...

For those who've never done one of these hikes, I cannot recommend them strongly enough! I went on one last year, and it was AMAZING!

We hiked about a mile into the Cove and watched the full moon rise over one of the peaks -- I think it was Gregory Bald, but I could have the wrong name.

Just as the moon started to show over the peak, three separate groups of wolves started howling. It was magical -- there is simply no other word for it!

Julie said...

What a terrifying story Clifton... I was about to say that the fool moon looks like a perfect time but i changed my mind while I got to read your comment. I don't like wolves.