Stephen Regenold, a.k.a. the Gear Junkie, had an article published in the August issue of Travel+Leisure Magazine that covers ten of the planet’s most treacherous and scariest hikes.
His list of the World’s Scariest Hikes include:
1. Half Dome’s Cable Route, Yosemite National Park
2. West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island, Canada
3. Mount Huashan Trail, China
4. Rover’s Run, Anchorage, Alaska
5. El Caminito del Rey, Spain
6. Devils Path, NY
7. Peekaboo Gulch, Utah
8. Kalalau Trail, Kauai
9. Pacaya Volcano, Guatemala
10. Kokoda Track, Papua New Guinea
What's really cool is that the article includes videos from a couple of the trails, including two fairly famous videos that have made the email and blogs rounds over the years: the Mount Huashan Trail and El Caminito del Rey hikes.
You can check out the article by clicking here.