Due to the strong storms that passed through the Smokies yesterday and overnight, there are a couple of road closings you might want to make note of:
• Cades Cove Loop Road due to high water
• Clingmans Dome Road due to ice and snow
• Little River Road between Metcalf Bottoms and the Townsend "Wye" due to downed trees.
• Forge Creek Road in Cades Cove is closed due to mud - this is the access road to Parson Branch Road. Estimated reopening in mid-April.
• The LeConte Lodge blog is reporting there were 1.5 inches of snow on the ground as of this morning - and it was still coming down.