Several seasonal facilities in the Great Smoky Mountains will reopen this weekend.
* Five of the Park's seasonal campgrounds will reopen on Friday: Abrams Creek, Big Creek, Cataloochee, Cosby, and Elkmont.
* Deep Creek is scheduled to open April 1 and Look Rock will open May 14.
* Road repair work will result in delayed openings for Smokemont and Balsam Mountain campgrounds, which are scheduled to open on May 28.
* Group camping will be available starting on Friday at Big Creek, Cataloochee, Cosby, and Cades Cove. Deep Creek will open as usual on April 1, however, delayed openings will be at Elkmont (April 10), and Smokemont (May 28). Reservations for group camping must be made through the National Recreation Reservation Service.
* The Cades Cove Campground is open year round and is not affected by the Cades Cove Loop Road construction.
* Horse Camps at Anthony Creek, Big Creek, Cataloochee, Round Bottom, and Towstring will reopen on April 1.
To make reservations at three of the Park's developed campgrounds, and all group campsites, horse camps, and picnic shelters, visitors can visit www.recreation.gov or call 877-444-6777.
> The Cades Cove Campground Store will reopen on April 1. The store provides groceries, camping supplies, firewood, ice, vending, limited food service, souvenirs, and bike rentals.
> The Elkmont Campground concession will open this Friday. The concession provides firewood, ice, camper convenience items, and vending of soft drinks, newspapers, and snacks.
> Secondary roads set to reopen this Friday include the Little Greenbrier and the Straight Fork/Round Bottom roads.
HikingintheSmokys.com Detailed information on trails in the Smoky Mountains; includes trail descriptions, key features, pictures, video, maps, elevation profiles, news, and more.