Bruce Bytnar, author of A Park Ranger's Life, will be at the Peaks Of Otter Lodge this Friday, October 15, for a book signing. Bruce will be in the lobby of the Lodge, located at mile post 86 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, starting at 5 pm.
A Park Ranger's Life chronicles the amazing stories from Mr. Bytnar's thirty-two-year career as a National Park Ranger. Just some of the stories he relates include:
* A wild bear who favors Kentucky Fried Chicken
* A fugitive wanted in eight states
* A dog that saves his owner's life
* A ghost haunting a colonial mansion
* Hikers who stay lost because they think searchers calling their names are wild animals