Win a Dream Job as a Backpacker Field Scout

Monday, December 27, 2010

Here's another opportunity to get paid for hiking. This isn't just any other hike either. This can be any hiking destination you can think of - your dream hike.

All you need to do is convince Backpacker Magazine that your planned adventure is the best, and that you have the trip-recording skills (GPS, photo, video) to share it with readers. The winner will land an assignment as a Backpacker field scout, and the magazine will send him or her - and a partner - on a trek anywhere in the Lower 48.

As an added bonus, the winner and the top four runners-up will receive a KEEN prize package as well.

All you need to do to enter is tell Backpacker where you want to go and why you’re the best hiker for the job. Just email an essay (300 words maximum) or a link to a personalized video (5 minutes maximum) or web page to Backpacker Magazine by January 15th.

For more information, please click here.


Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

2 comments

My Life Outdoors said...

Jeff,

So whats your dream adventure? Are you going to enter the contest?

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

Actually, my dream adventure is to ride my bike across the country. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time now. My wife and I have talked about possibly doing it this summer. We'll see...

I think Backpacker is looking for people who are looking to do a multi-day hike. I'm not really into backpacking anymore - haven't backpacked since the late 80s. I've been pretty fortunate in that I've been able to travel to many of the places that I've always wanted to day hike. The only two areas that I haven't been to - yet - are Alaska and Yosemite.

What about you? What's your dream adventure?