Asheville REI: Five Best Hikes of the Smokies

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Next month Friends of the Smokies and Trails Forever will host a panel discussion about hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains. The event will be held at the REI store in Asheville (31 Schenck Parkway).

The forum will be geared towards those that are unfamiliar with hiking in the Smokies. They will answer questions on where to start, what to bring, and dealing with bears.

The adventurous Friends of the Smokies panel will give you the inside scoop on how to prepare, how to get there, and what to expect so you can have fun! Hiker, National Park volunteer, and author Danny Bernstein will facilitate the evening.

The event will be held from 7:00 to 8:15 p.m. on March 9, 2011 at the Asheville REI store. For more information and to register, please click here.




Jeff
HikingintheSmokys.com

4 comments

smoky scout said...

Hi Jeff - I am one of the panel members. I am really looking forward to this event and hoping for a big turnout!

The Smoky Mountain Hiker said...

Sweet! I wondered if you were, but I didn't see your name mentioned on any of the available online material.

I guess you'll be giving the perspective from someone who's hiked them all?

smoky scout said...

I think most of the panel folks are Smokies 900 completers from North Carolina. We are trying to increase the awareness of Friends of the Smokies that you can do this even if you don't live next door to the Park.

Anonymous said...

very cool idea. Wish I could be there. One of you should post this on GoSmokies as well (or I can)

Juggler